The Schtick: This is a core expression release from Ledaig, which is peated distillate hailing from Tobermory distillery.
Distiller: Ledaig (Tobermory)
Bottler: Ledaig (Tobermory)
ABV: 43% ABV
Age: 10 Years
Nose: Huge mineral wiff, earthy, dirty peat. Faint iodine. Faint fishy marine notes. Vanilla cream, confectioners sugar. Nice brine and pepper component.
Taste: Thin, but no heat. Sweet vanilla, lots of chalky, mineral peat smoke. Some pepper, caramel and cream.
Finish: Long, earthy and smokey. Lots of minerals here. The peat smoke is more earthy, mineral and peppery than ashy or super fish like.
Overall: This is really great, especially for a younger core expression. Nice work, Ledaig.
Thanks for reading!
Other Ledaig Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Ledaig 9yr Signatory Vintage 2005 First Fill Sherry
- Ledaig 18yr Exclusive Casks
- Ledaig 11yr Gordon & MacPhail 2005 Hermitage
- Ledaig 7yr Signatory Vintage 2009 Binny’s Selection
- Ledaig 13yr Amontillado
- Ledaig 7yr r/Scotch Selection