The Schtick: This is a copper pot distilled, NCF, NCA distillate produced by distilling an imperial stout, made from cherry wood smoked grain, that is aged in bourbon barrels from the notoriously solid Against The Grain fellas. This beer is Bo and Luke, and this resulting distillate is known as Bo & Luke Brewsky, distilled at Copper & Kings, in Kentucky USA.
Distiller: Copper and Kings (Kentucky, USA)
Bottler: Copper and Kings
Nose: Sweet marshmallow, raisin bread, thick rich cocoa. Very stout-y on the nose. Vanilla, toffee, some faint toasted coconut. Faint cinnamon.
Taste: Medium mouth feel. Coffee, toffee, raisin bread. Faintly musty. Almost faintly hoppy / hemp-y. Some heat. Vanilla, some marshmallow.
Finish: Long, sweet and rich. Honey, maple, vanilla. Lots of marshmallow, cocoa, raisin bread.
Overall: This was super interesting. I wish we’d see more releases like this, as it can do super interesting stuff in the profile. The nose is so BBA stout like it is insane. The palate is more brandy / whiskey and stout. The finish is almost all whiskey. Crazy interesting, crazy fun.
Thanks for reading!
Other Copper & Kings Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #846 — Copper and Kings American Brandy, Distillery Hand Filled Cask
- Review #802 — Copper & Kings Destillare Orange Curacao Aged in Brandy Barrels
- Review #538. Copper and Kings Phoenix Barrel
- Review #461. Copper and Kings Three Marlenas
- Review #456 — 460. Copper and Kings Craftwerks
- Review #435. Copper and Kings Floodwall
- Review #431. Copper and Kings American Brandy Binnys
- Review #430. Copper and Kings Butchertown