The Schtick: This is a well aged, oloroso matured expression from The GlenDronach in the form of a single cask. It was bottled at cask strength and did not receive and filtering or coloring.
Distiller: The GlenDronach
Bottler: The GlenDronach
ABV: 56.9% ABV
Age: 19 Years
Nose: Huge, rich, toffee. Cocoa and tobacco. Stewed fruits: currants, blackberry, fig, dates and cranberry. Brown sugar, maple and sweet honey.
Taste: Thick and rich mouth feel. Some heat, though. Lots of honey, toffee, caramel and tobacco. Sulfur sort of storms in, as does the fruity notes like fig, berry and some cherry. Lots of spice, though.
Finish: Long, earthy and growing more peppery. Some fruity, lots of pepper and sulfur.
Overall: Again, GlenDronach manages to perform well with a very intense single cask. This one had a bit too much pepper + sulfur in the finish for me, which stopped it from reaching as high as some other casks, but still a great showing. Hard to go wrong with these if you have the coin.
Thanks for reading!
Other Expressions From The GlenDronach I Have Reviewed:
- Review #848 — The GlenDronach 18yr Allardice (2013)
- Review #746 — The GlenDronach Single Cask #2381 19yr Oloroso
- Review #631. The GlenDronach 21yr Parliament
- Review #536. SMWS 96.9 Icy Chilly 8yr GlenDronach Refill Barrel
- Review #505. GlenDronach 19yr PX 3292 New Hampshire State Selection
- Review #284. The GlenDronach 22yr SiC PX
- Review #250. The GlenDronach Revival 15yr
- Review #244. The GlenDronach 18yr Tawny Port
- Review #188. The GlenDronach 20yr 1995 PX Sherry
- Review #132. The GlenDronach 12yr Single Cask PX Blackwells
- Review #81. The GlenDronach Cask Strength Batch 3
- Review 31 — The GlenDronach 12yr