The Schtick: 1792 Full Proof is typically a small batch, proofed release from Barton in Kentucky. Bottled at 125pf, it is hard to tell what the original barrel proof was for these releases, but all the same, 62.5% ABV isn’t a bad number to run with. This is very similar to Knob Creek’s Single Barrel Reserve, which is a release consistently diluted to 60% ABV and I like those all the way from fine to amazing. In this series, I’m comparing a variety of Single Barrel releases from the Full Proof lineup, selected by various stores, vendors and societies in the USA.
This is day 5 in my short series investigating various 1792 Full Proof Selections.
- Day 1, Review #930 — 1792 Full Proof, Big Red Liquors Selection (Summer 2017)
- Day 2, Review #928 — 1792 Full Proof, Maryland Farms #2 Selection
- Day 3, Review #926 — 1792 Full Proof, MC’s Package Store Selection
- Day 4, Review #924 — 1792 Full Proof, DEP’s Selection
Distiller: 1792 (Barton)
Bottler: 1792 (Barton)
ABV: 62.5% ABV
Nose: Honey, caramel, toffee and some vanilla cream. All sweets, all day. Really nice and desserty with only just a faint hint of pepper.
Taste: Medium mouth feel, very restrained heat. Vanilla bean, caramel, toffee and some cocoa. Nice nougat here, faint bit of peanut. Overall, living up to the nose with delicious dessert notes and a nice complement of pepper and cocoa.
Finish: Long, sweet and rich. Some tobacco and vanilla, light cherry note. Overall, complex and delicious with the heat in check. Really nice finish here.
Overall: I really enjoyed this pick, the dessert notes with just the right amount of pepper and tobacco with a faint hint of fruit in the finish was really well done.
Thanks for reading!
Other Barton Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #930 — 1792 Full Proof, Big Red Liquors Selection (Summer 2017)
- Review #928 — 1792 Full Proof, Maryland Farms #2 Selection
- Review #926 — 1792 Full Proof, MC’s Package Store Selection
- Review #924 — 1792 Full Proof, DEP’s Selection
- Review #511. 1792 Port Finish
- Review #260. 1792 Sweet Wheat
- Review #204. 1792 Full Proof
- Review #186. Very Old Barton Bottled In Bond 1990
- Review #136. Very Old Barton BiB