The Schtick: 1792 Full Proof is typically a small batch, proofed release from Barton in Kentucky. Bottled at 125pf, it is hard to tell what the original barrel proof was for these releases, but all the same, 62.5% ABV isn’t a bad number to run with. This is very similar to Knob Creek’s Single Barrel Reserve, which is a release consistently diluted to 60% ABV and I like those all the way from fine to amazing. In this series, I’m comparing a variety of Single Barrel releases from the Full Proof lineup, selected by various stores, vendors and societies in the USA.
This is day 6 in my short series investigating various 1792 Full Proof Selections. This is the final entry.
- Day 1, Review #930 — 1792 Full Proof, Big Red Liquors Selection (Summer 2017)
- Day 2, Review #928 — 1792 Full Proof, Maryland Farms #2 Selection
- Day 3, Review #926 — 1792 Full Proof, MC’s Package Store Selection
- Day 4, Review #924 — 1792 Full Proof, DEP’s Selection
- Day 5, Review #934 — 1792 Full Proof, Rural Inn Summer 2016 Selection
Distiller: 1792 (Barton)
Bottler: 1792 (Barton)
ABV: 62.5% ABV
Nose: Ethanol, caramel and honey, light vanilla, some faint fruitiness. Akin to berries like strawberries and cream. Light, sweet, fruity, and a bit of heat on the nose.
Taste: Medium mouth feel, with lots of ethanol. Caramel, toffee, cocoa, and some rich fruitiness. Shockingly fruity, but delicious. Wish there was less heat, though.
Finish: Long, sweet cream, caramel, toffee, oak and more strawberries and cream. Lots of ethanol though, which is sort of a buzzkill.
Overall: This is a really unique selection, loaded with cream and fruits, definitely a wild profile, I just wish the heat was more restrained. That’s the facet that keeps it from climbing higher. Other than that, it’s really enjoyable and I love the fruits.
Thanks for reading!
Other Barton Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #932 — 1792 Full Proof, Rural Inn Selection, Summer 2016
- Review #930 — 1792 Full Proof, Big Red Liquors Selection (Summer 2017)
- Review #928 — 1792 Full Proof, Maryland Farms #2 Selection
- Review #926 — 1792 Full Proof, MC’s Package Store Selection
- Review #924 — 1792 Full Proof, DEP’s Selection
- Review #511. 1792 Port Finish
- Review #260. 1792 Sweet Wheat
- Review #204. 1792 Full Proof
- Review #186. Very Old Barton Bottled In Bond 1990
- Review #136. Very Old Barton BiB