The Schtick: This is a single cask of spirit distilled at The Glenlivet that was matured for its entirety in a first fill sherry butt and bottled by the prolific independent bottler, Signatory Vintage. This specific cask was selected by The Whiskey Barrel.
Distiller: The Glenlivet
Bottler: Signatory Vintage
ABV: 66.8% ABV
Age: 11 Years
Nose: Sweet honey, tangerines. Ethanol, confectioners sugar. Leather, toffee, pepper.
Taste: Thick, rich, loaded with honey, syrupy prunes. A good deal of heat, but not punishing. Lots of tobacco, musty earthy basement notes, pipe tobacco, figs. Currants, blackberry. Some sulphur.
Finish: Long, more heat here but still in check. Pipe tobacco, pepper, honey, figs and date fruits. That tangerine note is back, but there’s some cocoa and cardamom.
Overall: Overall, big, brash, and flavorful. Not a sulphur bomb like some other releases have been, and loaded with a flavor I really am enjoying.
Thanks for reading!
Other Glenlivet Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #992 – The Glenlivet 11yr Signatory Vintage 2007 The Whiskey Barrel Selection
- Review #753 – The Glenlivet Founders Reserve
- Review #729 – The Glenlivet 21yr “Archive”
- Review #642. Glenlivet 9yr 2006 Signatory UCF Sherry
- Review #339. Glenlivet French Oak Reserve
- Review #329. Glenlivet Nadurra Oloroso
- Review #222. Glenlivet 8yr 2006 Signatory Vintage
- Review #163. The Glenlivet 12yr